In competition with 378 candidates, Elna-Kathrine Grieg, Camilla Grieg, Elisabeth Grieg and Per Grieg jr. won the regional finals of the world’s largest growth creating program tonight.
The jury stated that with their commitment to the employees, the company and the industry, the four owners of the Grieg Group are worthy winners of EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014, Region West, Norway.
Every year, EY (Ernst & Young) awards the foremost growth creators. After six regional finals, the Norwegian winner will be announced November 25 in Oslo. The national winner will represent Norway in the international finals in Monaco next summer.
– The growth makers are genuinely committed to creating value and has through investments in new global markets gained great suksess. They have excellent expertise in seeing new market needs and to build up profitable new business areas. They are also significant contributors of various charities. The Jury believe that Elna-Kathrine, Camilla, Elisabeth and Per Grieg Jr. in the Grieg Group (…) are worth winners of EY Entrepeneur of the Year 2014, region West (Norway).
Candidates who were intent to award were chosen based on these criteria:
- Significant revenue growth
- Positive operating results and equity
- Growth in number of employees
Facts about EY Entrepeneur Of The Year
- EY Entrepeneur Of The Year is annually awarding the foremost growth creators of Norway
- EY Entrepeneur Of The Year is arranged in more than 60 countries and is the largest gorwth creating programme in the world.
- EY Entrepeneur Of The Year is in its 13th year in Norway, and is arranged for the 29th time internationally.
- The strongest candidates are invited to regional awards in October and the regional winners will meet in the finals in November.
- EY Entrepeneur Of The Year focuses on single persons from the growth companies.
- To be named one must have have entrepreneur spirit, ability to innovate, have international goals, as well as personal intergritet and influence. Furthermore, the person must have interests and have a leading position in a company that has achieved good financial results and significant growth in revenue and jobs.
Photo by: Bård Gudim | From left: Fredrik Gabrielsen, responsible for EY Entrepreneur Of The Year, Western Region (Norway), region winners Camilla Grieg, Elna–Kathrine Grieg and Per Grieg jr. (Elisabeth Grieg was not present), and the Mayor of Bergen Trude Drevland.